EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Grace Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 20:45:02 -0400
Wayne:
   Sorry that I don't know the directions to the DTC near Pisa, but I
urge you to go to Brunnenburg and see Pound's daughter.
  I know you are going to be in Tuscany, but if you can get up to the
Alto Adige area, you should definitely go to the castle.  Besides a
wonderful agricultural museum, there is a Pound "museum" room which is
open to the public.
    From Milano (or from Florence), take the train to Bolzano and then
the local train (which only takes a few minutes) to Merano.  When you
get off the train, go to the taxi stand out front and ask the driver to
take you to Brunnenburg.  They have a set price for going up the
mountain to the castle.  The view is spectacular, and Mary de Rachewiltz
is a most charming person.  There will be American students studying
there and staying in the "croft."  (The castle is closed on Tuesdays.)
    Have a great trip.
    -Grace Davis