ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:25:52 -0400
Clair et al,

You've just laid out the consolation prize if UNH wins.  It is great for the
conference if they win.

But, if Minnesota wins consider these points:

1.  It means UNH does not.
2.  It means that BU is no longer the last team to be repeat NCAA Champions
so we don't have to hear about it every year (Jeff should like this).
3.  It means UNH does not.
4.  Minnesota deserves a shot to win a legitimate championship without the
help of the officials, like UNH got yesterday. (joke)
5.  Someone mentioned Mike Ayers mother and the dog, we can only hope that
never makes it on tv again.  The third reporter on ESPN2 yesterday didn't
seem especially concerned with roaming around in the crowd (thankfully).
Any mother of a CAT that brings a DOG to the game should automatically
disqualify them from winning. Hey, Northeastern could use a goalie.
6.  I vividly remember Brian Gionta crying when BC lost in 2000.  Close your
eyes and picture Steve Saviano and think... 2003.
7.  Those No Hardware shirts that people have will still be good.
8.  1999 and 2002 will still be considered bitter memories in Durham.
9.  We won't have to listen to Bob Norton go on about how great Dick Umile
and UNH are. (Bob Norton IS a UNH guy, no joke there.)
10. It means UNH does not.

-dt