ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:23:27 -0400
Does anyone else find it ironic that Whitehead was viewed as the coach who
did the best job in the country by a broad group of his peers, but was *NOT*
voted as Hockey East Coach of the Year??

Didn't this happen to Walsh in 1995?  I can't recall if he won the HE coach
of the year that year as well as the Penrose award.

One of the most satisfying parts of this season (ok, the most :-) was
beating UNH in the NCAA semifinals, after all we heard all year was how UNH
was #1 in every category, and after they all but swept every award in Hockey
East.

I was most bothered by Dick Umile winning coach of the year because I though
Timmy really deserved it.  This is a great honor to win this award and we
are fortunate to have a second Penrose-winning coach in this program!!

-Deron