ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:02:24 -0500
From the Edmonton Sun...

BTW, rumour has it that GM Glen Sather of the Oilers and Bruins' GM Harry
Sinden are talking trade...again...

Could our favorite brother combination from Maine be re-united ?  And did
you note the other college hockey name he was paired with on his line ?

Here goes...

Saturday, February 27, 1999

Ferraro makes point
Bulldog call-up trying to show he belongs
By MARIO ANNICCHIARICO -- Edmonton Sun
  Chris Ferraro is here to prove a point and he ironically collected his
first last night since joining the Edmonton Oilers from Hamilton of the AHL
this week.
 His tip-in of Tom Poti's shot late in the second period gives Ferraro a
goal in his first outing with the Oilers since signing with the club as a
free agent this past summer.
 The 25-year-old is here to prove he belongs and that's one way to start.
 "This is the place to be," he admitted after last night's 6-3 win over
Buffalo as he settled on to the fourth line with wingers Georges Laraque and
Dan LaCouture.
 "That's what Ronnie (coach Low) wanted me to do, go to the net, find the
shots from the point," said an elated Ferraro. "We were going to keep things
simple, keep it basic with lots of shots from the point.
 "I gained some position in front, Tommy got it on to my stick and it
trickled between his legs," he said of beating backup Sabres netminder
Martin Biron.
 It's a fine way to make a debut, obviously, not to mention a good way to
gain the coach's attention.
 "If I can contribute offensively and spark the team a little bit that's
what I'm hoping to do."

Dan Doucette

***  Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing  ***
***            for a hockey team in Canada   ???           ***