ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:35:47 EDT
From time to time, you'll read about NCAA booster rules in DaveW's
excellent Friends of Maine Hockey Newsletter, but I don't see anything
on the not so excellent U Maine athletics web pages.  (Please note I'm
not complaining about the excellent Maine hockey web pages).

   Several schools do have excellent athletics web pages and, unlike U
   Maine you can easily get to them (try to find Athletics from the U
   Maine home page at http://www.umaine.edu/).

For one example of NCAA regs for boosters, please see

   http://www.canisius.edu/canhp/departments/athletics/booster.htm

In case I haven't complained enough, the "latest releases" page on the U
Maine athletics site has a top entry written in Jan 1997 (though parts
of it contain stuff as recent as March 1998).  In case you think I like
Canisius, their men's ice hockey page features a preview for the
upcoming 1997-98 season.

Cheers to U Maine Athletics for subcontracting the Maine Hockey web pages!

   http://www.ume.maine.edu/~MEHockey/Homepage.html

wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L/Info-Hockey-L/Hockey3