ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:22:10 -0700
8bit
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
> And they have an advantage that the first team that they meet is
> going
> to be pretty nervous about having to play Maine in the first round!

Our potential opponent will be positively terrified I am sure. I mean
if you can't beat UMass in four tries....

*IF* Maine makes it, there will likely be 5 Hockey East teams in the
tournament meaning that Maine could very well match up against, say,
UNH in Manchester.  It will be next to impossible for committee to
avoid a conference matchup in the first round.

Minnesota will be overall #1 seed most likely and will get Alabama
Huntsville.

It looks like UNH and Clarkson will battle for the last #1 seed, or the
#4 overall seed which if the committee holds true to form would get the
top #4 seed, which could very well be Maine.  This is especially true
because Maine and UNH have not recently played each other.

Further to that, the committee could very well determine that Maine's
play down the stretch is "deserving" of having to play UNH in front of
its home fans.

I guess my point is that while a UNH, Notre Dame, St. Cloud would
rather play Alabama Huntsville than Maine, I don't think we should be
so self-assured that we are going to make any afraid especially when
confronted with realistic possibility of playing UNH.

Best Regards,
Deron