ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:43:17 -0800
From:
Jonathan Finch <[log in to unmask]>
--- "D. B. Doucette" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> BTW, the foghorn work on Maine's Saturday night
> goals was very well done.
> The two that did it that night should get a return
> engagement next season
> for face value of tickets !!

Well, Mr. Acheson certainly paid enough money for
those seets on E-Bay.. Congrats on a nice job with the
fog horn.. I had tickets on saturday and thought it
sounded great... especially since it was blown more
often than in other games thanks to some extra goals.
I have had the privelage of running the fog horn a
half a dozen times in the past (prior seasons when I
was still a student)  It is quite a rewarding
experience.  The Fog Horn has been run By the Brothers
of Alpha Phi Omega since it was installed in the late
90's as per request of Coach Walsh the moment the
package arrived on campus.  I've been told he was like
a little kid on christmas morning when it arrived.

just a little Maine Fog Horn history...

Finch