ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:04:25 -0400
> In the next couple of years, who will have a better record: UNH or Maine?
> Coach Umile has the track record; Coach Whitehead must build it, IMHO.

Excellent point, Wayne.

Maine has a lot of questions next year and beyond and one of those questions
is Whitehead, as Wayne suggests.

I think Maine's performance in 2002 when they almost won it, and the fast
start of this year, has allowed for an extended honeymoon for Tim Whitehead
as Maine coach.

But as we've discussed here before, Maine fans expect to compete for the
national championship each year.  Those are lofty expectations, built by
Shawn Walsh, but they don't necessarily change because Tim Whitehead is the
coach.  It will be interesting to see.

---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
http://www.blackbears.net