ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
William Dewkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:50:34 -0500
Having watched the team play for the first time this weekend, IMHO there
were always 4 players bunched along the boards in trying to bring the puck
up ice from our defensive zone.  They had no one to pass up to and
constantly passed into opposing players.  If you compare the first period of
the UNH game when they were spread and moving to open positions on the ice
it all worked well.  It worked again in the second period of the Merrimack
game.  The remaining four periods of the games got us into trouble.  We were
getting stopped at our own blue line by one forechecker.