ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Cory Voisine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:55:03 -0500
I agree, that was one of the better away games I've been at. Good thing looks
can't kill though, or we'd all be dead! LOL. The UNHers were sour. Lucas stole
their Thunder!

Looks like they double shift Shields a little, and had him playing offwing with
Murphy and Lyall. I agree, Shields had a great weekend. He was victimized by
Ayers glove at Manchester. And I think he was the guy that clanked the cross bar
in OT on Sunday. I think he's about as close to getting 4 or 5 goals in the last
3 games as you can get and have none, if you get what I mean. The save the
Lowell goalie made just throwing his foot up there in desperation... He made
that Reimann goal, real athletic play jumping over the defenders and feeding the
goal mouth. Nice to see him making plays. With the attention they pay on him,
faking shots and dishing off will catch some defenders off guard. Tommy
Reimann's best game of the year on Sunday too. He was phyisical, got some hits
in, got into the game, and scored well.

I also thought Wight was outstanding last weekend. He had a couple nice shifts
where he lugged the puck the length of the ice and either got the puck deep, or
got a shot on net for another forward to get after a rebound. Mullin had some
nice defensive plays. Moore had some great shifts. Howard was stand up in about
as rough of an environment as it gets. And Damon had some great shots and a nice
goal. That first year class played with so much confidence in that harsh
environment. That is a game they can all look back to as a real boost in
confidence. Under pressure they all buckled down and got it done. Very impressed
with the freshmen. I think collectively, that was the best performance from that
first year class.

Only 32 more hours!!!!!

-Cory