ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:09:55 EST
Comments:
Hockey-L is to college hockey as ME-Hockey is to Maine hockey.

Scores of Hockey-L subscribers go to most or all Frozen Fours, and over
the past 11 years have had a get-together between semi-final games ...
and this year is no exception.

We have about 90 signed up for the Hockey-L Dinner, but have room for a
few more.  If you'd like to get together with friendly fans from all
over North America, please signup, send in the $16 dinner fee by this
Thursday, March 28, and join us.  Others will wait in lines to get into
the Wild Tymes Bar & Grill, but you'll be able walk right thru to our
function rooms!

   Note: please follow Kathy's directions below, but be sure to include
   your e-mail address and that you are a NON-Hockey-L subscriber, as
   Dinner updates are normally just made on Hockey-L.

   Hockey-L is available at

         http://lists.maine.edu/archives/hockey-l.html

What follows is a compendium of recent announcements from Kathy Martin,
our St Paul PLANNING PRINCESS (a title of her making, not mine!) :-)

I hope to see you there!   cheers, wayne

When: Thursday, April 4th between 1st and 2nd game

Where: Wild Tymes Bar and Grill

Location: 2 blocks from Xcel Energy Center

Cost: $16.00 per person (kids 12 and under are free - as long as we get
   95 adults.  If not, then I will need a contribution for them.  We
   can deal with that at the bar.) The rooms will hold 120 - so invite
   friends.

Payment Due Date: Please have checks in the mail by Thursday, March 28th
   to ensure they get to me before Tuesday, April 2nd.

Menu: (you will be able to choose from - or have all!) Caesar Salad
   Chicken Stir Fry Salad BBQ Meatballs Turkey Tortilla Sandwich Wraps
   Assorted one topping meat pizzas Veggie pizzas Cookies and Rice
   Crispie Bars for dessert.

Please send checks payable to

   Kathy Martin
   3540 Hennepin Ave. So. #204
   Minneapolis, MN 55408

THIS IS THE INFO I NEED WITH YOUR PAYMENT:

  1. The first AND last names of those you are reserving for.

  2. Money for ALL those you are reserving for.  Please don't send a name
     and say they will send a separate payment.  If they need to write
     their own check, please send in one envelope, if possible.

  3. Ticket Section number.

  4. Your e-mail address so I can confirm that I got your check.

  5. If you are NOT a Hockey-L subscriber, please mention it.

More important info (this will be sent again later):

YOU WILL NEED A NAME BADGE TO GET PAST THE HOSTESS STAND INTO THE ROOMS
WE ARE USING.  Badges will only be given to those who have paid IN
ADVANCE.  Which means by the end of the first game.

Name badges have to be picked up DURING THE FIRST GAME, that is why I am
asking for your section number.

I want to pick a place that everyone can easily find me...and it can be
the place we all meet between periods.  (I figured this would be the
most practical way to decide this since I am gathering info from
everyone any way.)

Whoever mails in the reservation will be responsible to pick up the
badges for all those you list with your payment This will make it easier
to hand them out at the arena as I can group them together.

I will send out a note on April 1st giving directions on how to get to
the bar from the arena and what to do when you get there.

I think you are all going to like the facility.  We have two rooms in
the back, our own bar and a back way to the bathrooms!  Not to mention
that one of the eating areas is designated as a non-smoking area.  AND
if the weather is good, they will open up the patio for us too!

HOCKEY!!!! -- GO GOPHERS!!! kam [log in to unmask]