ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 01:21:40 -0500
> The only scenario I can find for 2 eastern byes is for Maine to beat UNH
> tomorrow and for Ohio State to win the CCHA, the bye going to Maine.
>
> But for both Michigan and Michigan State to lose is highly unlikely, and
> so I'll predict Maine will play in the NCAA 1st round.
>
> I also ran a bunch of weird and not-so-weird scenarios and could NOT
> find one where Maine was worse than a 4E.  Maine will make the NCAAs no
> matter the result of the HEA Championship game and others games.
>
> BU still has a decent chance for a bye.  With a bye, look for Maine to
> have to play UNH or BU in a second round game.

The following quote is from USCHO's game recap which from this view says
BU's Bye hopes are done:

"Friday's 4-3 loss to Maine ensured that the Terriers will not get a bye in
the NCAA Tournament, while Maine remains in contention for a free pass to
the second day of the NCAA East Regionals in Worcester next weekend."