ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:55:12 -0500
Since Maine meets Boston College this weekend, it is only fitting to check
in with Tony Voce's best friend, Prestin Ryan.

I've quietly watched Prestin over the second half of the season and this kid
has plenty of potential.  Maine will miss a lot with the loss of Peter
Metcalf after this year, and Ryan *could* be the player to fill that void.
He is very impressive.

Unlike others on the list, I don't know him personally, but I can see that
he is *trying*.  He still takes too many penalties and already has a
reputation to overcome, but Metcalf takes his share of penalties too.  Ryan
is tough and he is playing smarter.  At times watching the BU game Saturday,
Ryan was one of the best defensemen on the ice, I thought.

I'm looking forward to seeing Prestin, and his teammates hopefully play well
into March this year.

-dt