ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:34:44 -0500
ME-HOCKEY Friends,

Since 1995 I have been running some form of distribution/discussion list for
Maine hockey fans to get information and have a place for discussion, the
majority of that time spent as "ME-HOCKEY" on the University of Maine's
LISTSERV system.

Due to changes in my own life over the last six months, I no longer have as
much logistical freedom as I once did and as a result I have not been able
to contribute to the list as I have in the past.  This has contributed to a
significant decline in traffic during the first half of the year and now has
carried over into the stretch run.  For example, over the last two weeks
we've seen practically NO activity on the list despite our Black Bears
playing well and putting together a winning streak that has carried them
into 2nd-place in HE.  In reality, only Prestin Ryan has generated a
prolonged thread in recent memory and that was over a month ago.

I have several ideas on how to move forward in ways that involve more people
and encourage more discussion, but I need someone to help me put these ideas
into practice.

At this point in time I would like to call for volunteers to serve as the
first Moderator for the ME-HOCKEY list.  By adding a Moderator to ME-HOCKEY
I hope to take advantage of what little free time I have to be able to do
more behind the scenes work to help the list grow.

The Moderator will be responsible for the day-to-day traffic on the list,
message approvals and helping to direct discussion.  The Moderator will also
work with the Administrator (me) on other list projects.  You need not have
experience with mailing lists, or moderating, nor do you have to live
anywhere near Orono!  The only qualifications is that you have reliable
e-mail access and you have a desire to see ME-HOCKEY continue to grow and
develop into a strong online community.  With the current size and traffic
of the list, I would estimate that the Moderator would certainly spend less
than one hour a day working with the ME-HOCKEY list.

If you are interested, please e-mail me privately at [log in to unmask]  I
would like to select a moderator this week if possible.

As always, thank you for your support of ME-HOCKEY and MAINE HOCKEY!  You
will be hearing again from me soon!

Best Regards,
Deron, ME-HOCKEY Admin