ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Jim Leinart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:14:16 EST
Your email states:

<<<<<<<<
A friend of mine just told me about a virus. It lays dormant for 14 days
then wipes out your hard drive, after sending itself to everyone in you're
address book. I searched and found the file and deleted it, must not have
had it long enough.  You need to do this:  run "find" or "search" for the
file:  sulfnbk*.*    if you have it, RIGHT click and delete it. then delete
it from the recycle bin.

This is reported to be a virus hoax.  Please refer to this good web site that
identifies virus hoaxes.  It is advisable to bookmark this (or other) sites
and check to see if a virus is real or not.  Deleting files if they are not
contaminated could mess up your operating system.

 <A HREF="http://www.europe.datafellows.com/hoaxes/sulfnbk.shtml">Click here:
F-Secure Hoax Information Pages: Sulfnbk.exe virus hoax</A>

GO BLACK BEARS,
Cousin Jimmy