ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:29:39 -0500
I'd disagree with Wayne's analysis in that I expect Maine or PC to be sent
out West to avoid a second-round matchup against BC, a team from the same
conference.  This isn't iron-clad like avoiding first-round matchups.  In
fact, with five WCHA teams, it can't be avoided.  But with three Hockey East
teams, I'd bet that Maine/PC goes in one Eastern bracket and BC is in the
other with some WCHA team and the ECAC team.

Does Maine go West or PC?

Maine would draw more fans, but a win by PC tonight would put the Friars
ahead of the Black Bears in terms of criteria.  I wouldn't be surprised if
Maine stayed East anyway because of the big attendance difference, but a BC
win over Providence would, I think, clinch PC going West and Maine staying
in the East.

Dave