ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:53:00 -0500
This board has been very quiet this week after the BEARS dramatic sweep of
Providence to capture 2nd place.  Count me as one of the shocked, not that
we swept Providence, but that we finished in 2nd place in Hockey East.
Until the 5-4 ot win at Merrimac my record on the year when attending games
was 0-5-2, now 1-5-3.  So it's safe to say I had not seen some of their
best hockey.

However, for this team to gell down the stretch as they have has been
remarkable and is a credit to Shawn and the players.  IMHO the line that
has played a big role has been Liscak between Clauson and Jackson.  They
did a great job in shutting down Merrimack's top line, not an easy task,
and also scored 2 goals on the weekend.  Now Robert is coming off a 2-goal
game on Saturday.  With Kariya's line producing, the power-play picking up
if Matt can provide more consistency in net and the other 2 lines can
produce who knows what this team can achieve!

I also noticed that Shawn now has 396 career wins, which means, I'm trying
not to get to far ahead of myself, that he could be shooting for career
victory 400 in the Hockey East Championship game.  First things first let's
hope the team picks up where it left off Saturday and does not give
Northeastern a whiff of confidence.  The Huskies have been down of late and
this is one sleeping dog I would prefer to keep still.  How does the saying
go "let a sleeping dog lie"

Have fun in the Alfond tonight, keep it rockin' and make some noise.  I'll
be watching for the score and looking forward, I hope, to seeing the Bears
next week in the Fleet.

GO BLUE

Bob Fitta '83

Bob Fitta