ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 23:23:41 EST
I was going to remain quiet, but ...

ME-Hockey participants should probably realize that this mailing list
(and associated FirstClass conference and newsgroup) have no association
with the athletic department, FoMH, the SIDs office nor U Maine.

While some folks in the athletic department may read or be handed posts
from time to time, ME-Hockey holds no special position there, nor should
it.  Nonni, a volunteer in the hockey office, has been kind enough to
share information with us from time to time, but you must remember that
she loves those young men and is most protective of them.

The SID (now and almost all in the past) do(es) not consider ME-Hockey
worthy of receiving material they distribute to professional media.  I
think they are crazy and need to come out of the dark ages, but probably
they just don't want us to see that many media reports that seem
original are simply SID press releases, thinly disguised.

BangorNews.com and MaineBeat.com are good sources for hockey material.
I've implied to the Mainebeat publisher several times that he should
e-mail us whenever he puts up a story of interest to ME-Hockey readers,
but so far he's only done that a couple of times.  I don't see all
MaineBeat nor BDN stories so I'd like such a service!

FoMH President and Webmaster Bob Thomas is *very* kind in sharing
information with us.

So maybe it's time for more of you reading this to occasionally write
for ME-Hockey.  It takes no special talent or experience, but might be
appreciated by hundreds of Maine fans.  Whether you tell us about media
articles, your experiences at a game or about a game or future opponent,
we'll all be better off for it.  Leave the polished stuff to BDN,
MaineBeat and USCHO and just do it for us.  If you know a men's or
women's player personally, get them to write a one-time or occasional
article for ME-Hockey;  if they don't want their e-mail address known,
you or I can publish it for them.

All that said, I have no association with ME-Hockey except as reader and
sometimes writer.  To contact a ME-Hockey list-owner, send e-mail to

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
The College Hockey lists, Hockey-L and Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/