ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Pat Leathers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:23:08 -0500
Hello folks
    Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but I must say that I am
furious!  I called the Ticket Office this afternoon to confirm that tickets
will go on sale tomorrow AM, and was told that NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD TO
THE PUBLIC - DONOR OR NOT!  The Development Office confiscated (my term) the
tickets for "Friends of the University" - and when I called the Development
Office and spoke with Eric Sancrante - he told me the list of special people
took up the entire allotment of 400 (minus the 100 or so tickets reserved
for the team, coaches, etc. which I think is perfectly understandable - no
argument from me that they need tickets to see their kids play!)  So,
contrary to what the paper indicated and the Ticket Office told us over the
phone, there will be no tickets available for sale to us regular folk at
all...An injustice to the rank and file fans that follow this team on a
regular basis, both at the Alfond and at other arenas around New England.

I'll put in my pitch now - if anyone can help - I need 2 tickets for myself
and my daughter, and promised my boss - a Preferred Donor - to get 4 for
him - I know it's an impossiblity, but if anyone hears about 6 tickets that
need a home with really loud, energetic, supportive Maine fans - please
e-mail me directly at:  [log in to unmask]  Thanks for the help - sorry
for the bad news!  Pat