ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:06:40 EST

>I'll be at the game.....please let me know If there is anything
>planned!!!!Can't wait for that one v.s. UNH
>                   Thanks,
>                      Jeff Z

I wonder if we could find someone or two willing to scout out the bars &
restaurants in the Boston area for a suitable place to rally together.  I
would suggest Cafe Brazil, Jason Vitorino's folks place in Breighton, but that
is, I think, too far from the rinks, even though it is very handy to get to.
I don't normally travel to the games, but will be trying to get out more this
season.  Maybe we could find a few of the fans who live in those areas willing
to find a good place, talk to them about publicizing that this is where we are
all meeting to get to know each other, and seeing if this kind of informal
thing can become another Maine Hockey tradition.  The Friends can't spend
money on rallies and receptions during the season, as we hoard that for post
season play (and I hear Anaheim is expensive!), but a regular spot to meet,
easy of access (in other words folks like me could find it!) could be a real
asset to the spirit of these games.  I know some of you have expressed a
willingness to help.  Could this be a fun way to do just that?!?!?

Cathy Hart
Hoping to find another person to be a Proud Volunteer for the Finest College
Hockey Program in the Nation