ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
John W Duffill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:55:32 -0400
Cathy Hart wrote:

> Personally, I think 800 students is a GREAT start!  I hope the word will
> spread that there are seats available and they will begin to think of a hockey
> game as a good time and come in droves before the four game trial period is
> over.

  Considering they were playing a relative "nobody" (not meant to demean Moncton)
800 is wonderful.  I think the old system should be reimplemented.  When I was
there is the early 80's, granted the teams weren't great, but there were very few
empty seats especially when the big boys were coming in.

John Duffill '86
An Original Friend of Maine Hockey