From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:58:38 -0500
It’s time for the 2002 NC$$ tournament pool.

Here are the rules for this year:

This year, there will again be 4 pools;
the first to pick winners of each game,
the second to predict goal differentials
the third is based on actual scores from each game
and the fourth contest for those who can pick scores but not winners

One entry form will be used for all 4 contests.
Which contests you will be entered into will depend on what
information you enter on the form.

Under separate post, I will send the official entry form as well as the specific rules and scoring for contests 1-4.

Required information (all 3 contests):

NAME     (an alias is ok for those who are participating in
         the Federal Witness Protection Program)
ADDRESS  (no street address is needed just City, State)
E-MAIL address - (so that I may acknowledge receipt of each
         entry and request corrections or additional
         information)

Optional information:
School Affiliation - (Only one please; if you send me
         two,I'll use the first one listed)
League Affiliation - (Only one, please)

As mentioned before, contest rules are being sent separately, one for each contest. I apologize for making the rules sound like a legal document, but I found out last year that there were as many interpretations of contest rules as there were contestants. If there are any questions about the rules, please let me know so that I can clear them up and
send out clarifications to all entrants.

Also, please send entries as early in the week as possible.
I will review all entries up through late evening on March 21.
During this period I will enter the data, acknowledge receipt, check for missing information and contact you for additional info to be submitted before the contest deadline (which, by the way, is noon EST on Friday, March 22, 2002 ).

When you finish filling out the entry form, please double check it for logical consistency. Several people mixed up the brackets last year and chose teams in the later rounds that logically could not play in the game they were chosen to win. If you choose a winner in a matchup that cannot occur, then your choice will be wrong (duh!!).