From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:58:01 -0500
Greg Ambrose wrote:
>In Hendrickson's column, MacDonald likened UNH to the St. Louis Rams,
>implying that there was a pretty boy/soft aspect to their game and that UML
>was kind of like the Patriots.  I think UNH showed last     > night that
>they have a little more going for them than what MacDonald > hoped.

Just to clarify, Blaise MacDonald's comparison of UNH to St. Louis intended
none of the "pretty boy/soft" implication, but was just based on the
overwhelming offensive firepower of the two teams (making reference to and
the underdog role his own team was placed in.

"They're a dynamic team. The amount of goals they've scored this year and
the guys who have big points, it's like they have a couple Kurt Warners out
there, three Marshall Faulks and a bunch of other guys. So it's tough to
pick your poison in who you're going to try to stop. They're a very good
team and we're going to have our hands filled playing against them."

He also said that he now expects UNH to be playing in the final game of the
season.

Clearly, UNH is not a soft team. I'd be shocked not to see them in St. Paul,
at the least.

Dave