EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 01:17:52 -0500
I wonder what specific thing Mr. ICBM sucks.  Or
does he just suck in general?
==DP

At 11:54 PM 12/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 12/30/02 5:06:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
><<
>  At 11:57 AM 12/27/05 -0500, Daniel Pearlman wrote:
>  >Stoner,
>  >You have to remember that most of the members of this list, at least of the
>  >active ones, have a professional investment in Pound studies.  This fact
>  >bodes ill for any objective assessment of Pound's literary worth coming
>  >from this group.  I'm afraid you'll have to rest content in your own
>  >judgment, which I hope you'll always keep open to challenge.  Or else wait
>  >fifty years and see if the universities have still managed to keep Pound
>  >relevant and alive.
>  >==Dan P >>
>
>This is a curious comment from a person who has made a living trying to suck
>the blood out of Pound.  And if having a 'professional interest' in Pound
>disqualifies one from having an opinion of Pound then why

Dan Pearlman's home page:
http://pages.zdnet.com/danpearl/danpearlman/

My new fiction collection, THE BEST-KNOWN MAN IN THE WORLD AND OTHER
MISFITS, may be ordered online at http://www.aardwolfpress.com/
"Perfectly-crafted gems": Jack Dann, Nebula & World Fantasy Award winner

Director, Council for the Literature of the Fantastic:
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/english/clf/

OFFICE:
Department of English
University of Rhode Island