EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
bob scheetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:56:49 -0500
Kate,...just that better than anyone...and especially in the famous
"stopping by woods"... with the average-everydayness of speech... he
captures the exact heideggerian phenomenological mood, the exact ek-stasis,
the clearing that is the illumination of being, its temporality,  the
circumambient nihil, and the crowning amor fati, the resolute apropriation,
embrace, of being in the knowing that existence is being-toward-death...a
courage-to-be vastly diffferent from and beyond the conventional romantical
or hamlet-esque?   ...and if anything the courier-n-ives imagery heightens
the "queerness" of ontological illumination, of difference,...eh?...it still
seems to me the pretentious modernist attempts at this same (post-modern)
thematic, as eliot's quartets, don't carry it off near so well?  ...tho,
spose, all probably sounds rather jargon-ish and dated now to generations
never experienced the being born again in sartre & co.

luck with yer project,
bob

bob