ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 16:07:34 EDT
Cathy wrote, in part..
>DOES anyone listen to Hangtime?  I haven't heard anyone praise the show
>although I think Dan does the best that's in him!

Well, I'll praise it.

Hangtime is a perfect show for me.  It's not fast paced and there is a
lot of fluff, but that's what I'm ready for after most days at work!

Dan does a good interview and has very good guests, though I wish he'd
about double that part of the show.  On the other hand, I can do without
the Wednesday (Brenda?) host.  She's relaxed enough on air, but I still
replay in my head an interview she had with the Husson Women's coach a
year or so ago when Husson was extending a scholarship to a new player
(because it was promised), but in doing so was violating league rules.
The topic and Husson coach were great;  the questioner was the scum of
the earth, just trying to make the Husson coach put the blame someplace
...  again and again ...  when there was no blame to go around.

Anyway, I think Dan's Hangtime is superior to his Maine hockey
play-by-play, although that is getting better over time, and having
a color analyst last season was a big plus.

cheers to Dan,
wayne
Old Town Landing