From:
Carol White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:05:32 -0600
This report is really ticking me off.... It has been obvious
for a while that Hockey has been supporting the athletic dept
in a major way.  It is popular, the team is good and the
arena is a great venue. Thus the extremely high ticket prices.

Having said this, I am tired of supporting the pathetic
football program with my ticket prices!  We are paying for
the new suites in the arena and the Athletic Dept deficit
that was created when they paid off Clem Haskins and the
ensuing legal fees.  Unless the football program starts
making some BIG money soon, I am afraid that I may not be
able to afford these prices much longer or need a second
job to afford them. I know personally of several people
who have dropped their tickets this year due to the
increasing prices. Also the season package includes
games that are poorly attended that should either be
dropped or taken off the season ticket, namely the
Mariucci Classic and the annual foreign team.

THese are just my thoughts, and I do intend to write to
the AD about them and also to PResident Yudof.... not that
I expect him to care about this at all.  THe athletic dept
needs to cut out some of the extremely large salaries of
the executives.  That would be a start.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
Now, let's play some hockey!!!

-Carol