ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:08:37 -0500
>    Maine showed they could put away a less-talented and more injured
>    team, quite convincingly.  Matt Yeats was *very* good in goal and
>    Morrison did what he has done time and again: win.

More injured, yes.  Less talented... I don't know.  Ben Eaves and Tony Voce
don't take a back seat to many.  What Maine had that BC doesn't is depth
because of BC's graduation and defections, coupled with their injuries.

The wins were important because Maine was 1-1-1 on the year vs. BC and by
virtue of BC's .500 record, will be a team under consideration when the
selection committee puts together the tournament next week.

>    Instead, the "freshmen line" of Ronan, Falco and Murphy continued to
>    impress and got important, critical minutes to boost their experience
>    and confidence.

Something we agree on... Maine's freshman have been outstanding.  Troy
Barnes also derves mention on defense. Ben Murphy doesn't get a lot of ink
because Colin Shields is the more visable new comer, but I think Murphy will
do great things before he leaves Maine.

-Deron