ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"D. B. Doucette" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:52:42 -0500
I just noticed that in Jason Moy's Bracketology on USCHO this week, using
his .003/.002/.001 or .005/.003/.001 scenario for "Bonus", Maine got in at
14 in PWR (staying East to play Denver, oh my).

This held true even after the PWR update factoring in the Beanpot results.

It appears that assuming Jason Moy has better inside knowledge to come up
with the Bonus number factors, things may bode better for Maine.

Who knows that the Committee might also work backward if Maine not in
through an auto-bid and say "what adjustment factor could get Maine in?"

Running the table partially, with only one "good road win" through win and
tie at BC, may cement the at-large before HE tournament.  I feel better
after reading Bracketology and seeing the Beanpot.  Now if Harvard could
beat BC in the loser game next Monday....

BTW, didn't I tell you all in this same space about BC baskeball having
trouble at Notre Dame....

Dan