ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:34:19 -0500
John
I was behind that play also, maybe not as close to the crease as you were
but still very able to see the play. As I recall the puck was on the way
out of the zone, Marty was digging to get back into the play and Braun
moved to his right to interfere with Marty. Now Braun may have been in his
crease(or just outside as I saw it) but he still delibertly moved to
interfere with Marty. Marty didn't have the puck, Marty was nowhere near
the puck. NU scored.
I could be wrong but thats how I saw from Section U.

Now on to homerism. Whats the sense in playing games at Alfond if we fans
don't exhibit homerism. Why not play them on neutral ice with no crowd and
let the best team win.Granted everytime a Maine player  goes down  a
penalty shouldn't be called but why not remind the ref where the game is
being played. Alot of the Maine crowd never played hockey(including me) so
we might be at a disadvantage in knowing the rules. I think guys(girls)
that have played understand the rules better and the litte nuances as
opposed to those of us who haven't. Again jmho and I would never be
offended in a civil discussion, thats what this list is all about.

 I hope Maine remembers Sacred Heart Tomorrow night when they play Brown,
Go Blue.