ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 23:27:05 -0500
John, it would have been "early" to gloat prior to the game.   My comments
were limited to the single game result; hell, Quimby and the Ambroses of
this world take great pleasure in any failure of Maine vs. New Hampshire.
I would not have been surprised to see many pro-New Hampshire comments
posted to HOCKEY-L and to this list had we lost, even if it had been as
close as our victory.   I even said in a post that Maine's only hope to get
in the tournament was to win the Hockey East postseason competition.  That
is realism, not gloating.

If I had REALLY intended to gloat, my comments would have gone to HOCKEY-L
also; as it is, I limited myself to a list comprised primarily of Maine
supporters.

Can't a guy have a little fun ???

>From: John W Duffill <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: New Hampshire game aftermath
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>D B Doucette wrote:
>
>> Notice how certain negative contributors to our list and HOCKEY -L got
>> awfully quiet after a convincing Bears win over UNH ?
>>
>> Just wondering...
>
>  It is still a little early to start gloating just yet.
>
>John Duffill
>An original Friend of Maine Hockey

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be kept with the big club in Boston     ***
***   Is there anyone better now with Providence ??  ***