ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 06:42:21 EST
It's too bad that Coach Walsh had to resort to that kind of desperation tactic
to get a call on BU.   Having Fitzy and I can't think of the linesman's name,
(same one as the last time Fitzgerald called a very poor game - Jones????) for
officials is the same as playing a man down all the game long.  What was that
call on White?  Clearly the BU player was guilty of interference, and
roughing, and Brian was trying to skate away, yet when he finally pushes back,
he is the only one called?  F'Crissakes!

When is there gonna be some sort of corrective discussion with the officals?
Okay, you hate Shawn Walsh.  Fine!  Everyone is entitled to their opinions!
But there are 25-30 KIDS on that team who do NOT deserve to be taught the
lessons the refs are teaching.

I miss the days when most of the officials called a fair game, and the outcome
was decided by the players, not the refs.  Calling one team really closely and
the other very loosely is unfair.  Those of you on this list remember our
discussion on penalties?  Well, this is one fan who firmly believes the
outcome of that game last night was determined by Mr. Fitzgerald, not the two
good teams on the ice.  Do I think Maine was NOT guilty of penalties, NO!  But
do I think the refs called them unfairly?  YES.

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!
Cathy Hart
Still Proudly Supporting the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation