ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:44:30 -0500
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]> posted this to Hockey-L
recently ..  wts

The ECAC Women's League will have Niagara and Maine joining next season.
That will bring the number of teams to 14, with 26 league games
counting. The two new teams will not have travel partners but will split
their schedule with home and home series (so you go to Maine for two and
have Niagara visit for two).

Look for a Hockey East Women to start in the next few years.  I also
believe there will be a Division I Midwest Women's league soon.  The
ECAC Alliance (Div III) will have additional members next season also.

In the first Women's National Championship match at the FleetCenter
before the Hockey East Championship, the women's final will feature, if
needed, a 10 minute overtime session, followed by a shootout (beats
endless OT's).