ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:08:44 EST
It used to be the Dexter/JCPenney Classic which was our holiday tournament,
but it got too difficult to schedule high caliber opponents for it, as there
are a lot of tournaments during that time.  I understand that the JCPenney
will be at the beginning of our home schedule from now on.......

It is a YOUNG team, and that shows with the emotion they play with when they
play well, and the discouragement they feel when they get down a point or two.
Maine has always been coached that great defense makes great offense.  It will
return!

Hope that the team gets some fun in before the next semester.  Right now it is
work out there on the ice and drudgery by the end of the third!  They should
try to remember this is a game, not the rest of their lives!  They need to
believe in themselves.  I BELIEVE IN THEM!!

If any of you want to fax an encouraging message to the team, care of Coach
Walsh, the number is:  (978) 453-4674!

GO MAINE!

Cathy Hart