ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 21:17:55 -0500
Here is Maine's line on the CHODR this week..

                         Division I      Offense        Defense
Overall
Rank  Team                 Record     Rating  Rank   Rating  Rank Rating
15   Maine                6  5  1      4.25    6      3.38   24    1.26

A couple points since this is the first time I've posted this rating this
year, and I've always found ratings like this fun to look at!

* There are 46 teams, Maine ranks 15th, which is top third.

* Maine's 6-5-1 record is because the NCAA doesn't count games against
Canadian schools (St. Thomas) in selecting tournament teams, so therefore
most ratings do not count it either.

* Maine's offensive position is impressive, 6th.  What makes this
impressive is in the 12 games counted, four of those (one-third) Maine
scored two goals or less, including being shutout by BU and UNH (other two
being 3-2 loss @Minnesota and 6-1 loss vs. BC).  This also accurately shows
the rollercoaster because in 6 of the remaining 8 games Maine scored 6 or
more goals.  Which is the real Maine team?

* The defensive hole really shows up here.  At 24th, Maine is in the
lower-half of the teams in the country in terms of defense according to
this rating system.
---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])