ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 01:00:20 -0500
D B Doucette wrote:

> I was trying to use the Foster's (Daily Democrat) website to give a link to
> a story on the NH game, but they do not carry their Sunday (Citizen)
> edition on-line.  Nor did today's Portland paper have anything on-line.
> Maybe in both cases, there will be a story in their Monday editions.  I am
> interested in a more balanced version of the Mowers incident, in order to
> post it to the USCHO moron thread on Walsh.

Well, I thought the USCHO article (as opposed to the nonsense on the
message board) was balanced, although I may be biased since I wrote
it.  :-)

> Who wants to start an interesting thread -- NH is a bunch of traitors.  Can
> they explain why they didn't play the National Anthem before the NH - Maine
> game Saturday night ?

It was sung before the consolation game and I believe the intent was
not to have it before both games.  (My guess is that some timing
factor was involved, but I couldn't really be sure.)  Although they
did double up on Friday night, I'm not sure which approach is the
standard.

Dave Hendrickson