ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 16:44:50 -0500
If you talk about costs outweighing income, I can assure you that the costs
the FMH are charged during the Alumni festivites for ticket takers and door
watchers is far LESS than the income from even a $3 charge for each of the
250 people attending the women's game.

Yes, I think that each sport should be considered for it's revenue potential.
 In an era when the men's ice hockey team is told it cannot buy any more
sticks because there is no more money in it's budget, and the baseball team
has to sell 50-50 tickets and perform post (hockey) game janitorial services
to fund their spring trip, to not charge some nominal fee to watch what may
become a champion team is a wasted opportunity.  At the very least, it might
have paid for the ice time and the arena maintainance crew.

Yes, I think there should be a charge for every game played at dear old
Maine.  It is my experience that many people do not value what they get for
free.  The University of Maine gives so much back to the State and the
Greater Bangor area already.  Let's give a little back for being entertained.

Cathy Hart