ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 01:04:07 EST
Since no one seems to be supporting the BDN, I'll do my customary jump
to the other side and offer ...

   I am optimistic that the BDN will improve substantially in the weeks
   and months to come.  The recent hiring of Mark Woodward as Editor
   will have a dramatic effect on the quality of what we see there, IMHO.
   Changes are already being made; keep the faith :-)

An on the 6-0 BU victory ...

   Anyone watch the teams exchange handshakes after the game, or listen
   to the post-game media conferences?

   This early season drubbing was a disappointment for everyone looking
   for a new "Alfond classic" match (me included).  But for me, all of
   the sting left as I heard coaches Parker and Walsh praise each other
   and each other's team.

   It may take a healthy Parmentier and Wansborough and a hot goalie to
   go all the way, but I think we've got a team we can enjoy watching
   and be proud of here.

Where will you be at 1 pm this Saturday?

(Correct answer: Alfond Arena, Orono).

cheers,
wayne

Wayne T. Smith