ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Phil Leavitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 09:52:29 -0500
At 08:16 AM 11/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Cathy Hart wrote:
>
>> I want to ask a question:
>>
>> Is it a good policy to broadcast player injuries in this medium?
>>
>> I know of some folks very aggravated by this, who have taken the trouble to
>> contact me with their arguments, which range from issues of privacy to
giving
>> information to the enemy to charges of tabloid press!
>>
>> I wonder how everyone else feels about this issue?
>>
>> Cathy Hart
>
>  Hello all:
>
>As a hockey parent, my sense is that I would not want to reveal that my
son is
>injured if for no other reason than that it really is his business and if the
>coach and he mutually see a need to reveal sensitive information of that
nature,
>then they should do so.  Athletes need to learn when and where to release
>information, if at all.
>
>Wes Larose

I respect and agree with Wes's comments.  However, if the injury is in the
public record (i.e. reported by team, coach, player or other source) then I
see no reason not to inform "interested" Hockey fans of that information.

Phil Leavitt
Go Bears!!
Looking forward to seeing them in the Fleece Center next spring!