ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:38:18 -0400
I disagree with Vickie Price's assertion that Disney has never had to pay top
dollar for a Duck - Donald & Daisy did some pretty nifty collective
bargaining in 1985...And Holly, Goofy's hockey cartoon?  I had to tape that
one for some of the players we used to have at Maine!

Seriously, what has struck me is that the company seems unwilling to
acknowledge that this isn't an issue of money.  For Paul Kariya, the issues
seem to be quality treatment of employees, (like the masseuse), and like
issues that a giant like Disney has long since been able to steam roll
through and control the media so it isn't affecting their cute and cuddly
public image.  Wouldn't it be an interesting scenario if the rest of their
employees in all of the different parts of that humongus company, began
demanding better treatment?

Now, if my Disney Channel begins to fade out, I'll know why!

Cathy hart