ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:31:26 -0400
Considering that you do not see women coaches as head coaches for men's
teams, I would agree that it would be good to pick a woman for a women's
team.  However, you do need to pick the best person who applies, and wants
the job.

At the Women's World Championship in Kitchener last spring they went with
only women refs.  That was a failure as there were not enough good women's
officials around the world to cut the higher level of play at the World's.

Having said that, I still think there are enough women out there who could
have done the job.  If they don't get the chance, when will the experience
come?  Rick certainly has a good background in the Alliance and I look
forward to seeing Maine in the League or Hockey East Women in the coming
years.

/
 good shooting
 hungerf