ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 01:34:44 -0400
Here is the schedule for Midnight Madness this year.  Thanks to Maine
Campus Sports Editor Bill Stewart for providing this information.  Look
for many Stewart articles on ME-HOCKEY as the season progesses.

Looks like on paper it may be the best one I would have ever attended!
Looking forward to it.

Saturday September 27 -

9 pm - doors open

9:30 - 10:45 - public skating

11 p.m. - ice cleared and a radar gun will be setup to measure the
speed of slapshots.  I'm not 100 percent clear, but I'm pretty sure
this will be for the fans to go down and get "gunned".

11:30 - Shawn Walsh will address the crowd.. I believe we'll see him
get the crowd pumped up.  President Peter Hoff may also address the
crowd.

12:01 - hockey season begins, players take the ice.  Introductions,
penalty shots and a scrimmage will follow.

Apparently the marketing department is going to do some really neat
things to help hype up the crowd.  According to Bill, this will include
things like turning the lights off and adding atmosphere to the
player's arrival on the ice.

--
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
University of Maine