ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:56:26 -0500
Tim Whitehead coaches a defensive-first system.  That's not going to change
no matter who is in goal.

I would argue that the pyschology of having an All-American goalie in net
would be MORE condusive to scoring goals than a freshman goalie.  I would
think a team would want to play MORE defensive and try harder to protect the
freshman.

I hardly doubt the team sits around the lockerroom and says, "Let's go out
and get Jimmy a shutout".

With all due respect, Maine has played for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in 2 of
the last 3 years.  I don't think BC is an example of anything except how to
have great natural talent that tends to underachieve.

-Deron