ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 06:53:08 -0400
Deron -

You have my word as Prez that if your mug shows up at the door, hand them
this, and you will not be refused!!!!

Just for the record, it is rare that an extra body or two cannot be squeezed
in.  The only time this was a problem was 1993, when everyone wanted to be
here.  With a capacity of 800, we turned away over 200 requests, many for
tables of eight.  In that situation, it was date received and whether they
were a member of the Friends that was the criteria we used for the choices
made.  It was tough calling all those great fans to say "can't".  We offered
everyone the option of coming, sitting in the stands and listening to the
program part.  Women's B'Ball is trying that this season.

We don't have the space problem this year, with around 300 folks attending
tonight, but that time is coming again, SOON!

I will try to post the winners on here tonight,(like I don't know them
already, but can't spoil the surprise!)  as I will be waiting up for my son
to come home from a hockey tournament in New Brunswick.

Cathy Hart