ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:20:49 -0400
I enjoyed Stephen St. Pierre's observations from the Frozen Four - here are
some of my own (hockey related and otherwise)

1.  I was REALLY happy when UNH lost;
2.  You can only get good Buffalo wings in Buffalo;
3.  Krispy Kreme has it all over Dunkin Donuts, and are best served hot off
the conveyor belt.  Unfortunately, I didn't see how they stacked up against
Tim Horton's.
4.  Michigan and Minnesota Fans are class acts.
5.  I finally got an answer to my question of "What constitutes too many men
on the ice" (from a Gopher fan who moonlighted as a referee).
6.  Toronto is a great city, but they don't know how to plow the sidewalks.
Try the Pierogies at Wayne Gretzky's place - they're fantastic.
7.  I was REALLY, REALLY happy when UNH lost.
8.  The Canadian side of the Falls is nicer than the US side; plus it's
cheaper to park ($6 Canadian vs $10 US).  On the Canadian side, in addition
to seeing water go over rocks, we also paid to see ice built up on the
trees, railings, etc (more value for money than in the USA).
9.  When the US customs agent found out we were from Massachusetts, he
wanted to know if we knew where Whitey Bulger was hiding.
10.  I like Labatts beer better than Molson.
11.  After the Stein Song, my favorite fight song is The Victors.  I think
UNH stole part of their fight song from my alma mater (Rutgers).
12.  Cribbage isn't just a game that you play "at camp" in the summer, it
can also be a spectator sport where you get to yell more than you do at
hockey games.
13.  I was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY happy when UNH lost
14.  Win or lose, it's STILL BETTER WHEN MAINE IS THERE.

Add my name to the list of people who would like to see the FF in a warm
climate!!!

-------
Lindsay A. Huntoon
Let's Go Maine Black Bears