ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 08:54:27 -0400
How many other Bear fans got a little choled up last night.  First Bobby
Corkum scores a breakaway goal just as is team is back at full strength.
Then in between the periods he is interviewed by Al Morganti and interupts
Al to say a special hello to Coach Walsh, telling him the goal was for him.
Al even became flustered, which admittedly happens to Al quite often.  It
was a touching moment for this Maine fan.

Now we know the answer to what Maine player was the first to score a goal
in a Stanley Cup game.  Thanks for showing everyone on national tv what a
class act the Maine Hockey program really is, with players like Bobby
representing us.  We're all still thinking of you coach!

Bob Fitta
Advertising Account Manager
Harvard Magazine
http://www.harvard-magazine.com