ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:20:46 EST
Those expecting to listen to WZON on the internet tonight might be
disappointed.  WZON has at least implied, if not announced, their signal
will carry Maine Hockey tonight and the internet feed will carry Maine
Basketball w/Providence.

Those requiring an internet feed might try Cornell's at (sorry, you'll
have to paste the following all onto one line) ...

   http://mediaframe.yahoo.com/buildframe?

   id=759617&m=rna&r=14&a=0,30&f=12897300&

   p=broadcast&.sv=mma&.sh=ccr&.st=ccr&

   .svn=Maine&.shn=Cornell&.sc=ivy&.sd=20001121

Cornell's hockey web site may be found at

   http://www.cornellbigred.com/hko/hkn/

Cornell is 2-2-1 overall, is not in the USCHO Poll top 15, and is ranked
23rd in my (unpublished until December) HEAL rating.   The Big Red were
picked by the ECAC coaches to finish 2nd behind SLU for the ECAC crown.

The USCHO.COM Cornell preview by Becky Blaeser & Jayson Moy quotes
Cornell Coach Mike Shafer

   "There's a misconception that we're big and play a defensive style,"
   said Schafer.  "The style that we like to have is to have the puck in
   the offensive zone, protect it and take the puck to the net and be
   strong physically that way.  We're one of the most aggressive teams
   in the league in that we bring two guys to forecheck all night long."

   "People think of us a big team that hangs back and plays a defensive
   style and that's not the way it is at all.  We're aggressive with our
   forecheck and when we have the puck, and that takes depth, because
   it's very tiring."

Cornell most recently shutout 1-5-0 Brown 2-0 (w/ENG, both PPGs) last
Saturday evening (Maine plays Brown this Friday evening).  Cornell has
yet to score more than 3 goals in an NCAA game this season, so one might
expect a tight, low-scoring contest (I expect a Maine blowout!).  :-)

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
The College Hockey lists, Hockey-L and Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/