ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:45:19 EDT
Someone asked, in part..
>does anyone know if there will be a midnight madness
>or some event to kickoff the season?

and BobT replied, in part..
>Because of the replacement of the wooden dasher boards at the Alfond Arena
>and the apparent lack of confidence in an exact date for the completion of
>the project, there will not be any formal Midnight Madness ...

Those people interested in seeing the 1999-2000 men's hockey team at
their first practice might show up at the Alfond on Saturday 25 Sept.
I believe the starting time is 9am.

CathyH also wrote, in part..
>I hope somebody does something to celebrate the start of the season!
>Maybe at the Blue /White?

Unveiling the National Championship banner at the home opener with
Minnesota, on Saturday 16 Oct., will be a pretty good start. :-)

Has the Blue/White game date been set?

Ready to "Drop the Puck", wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L and Hockey3