ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:31:26 -0500
Mathy, you are certainly right that all UM teams need our support, no
argument there.

However, I think the real point Shawnee was trying to get at (and
forgive me if I am putting words in your mouth) is that she went to a
game with another person and yet they got tickets on the opposite sides
of the balcony.

This is/was a mistake, but it certainly doesn't encourage people to
come out.  Sure, it is a good time at the game, but as Mathy correctly
says we need more.  People unfamilar with Alfond or with hockey are
going to likely go to a game with another person and if they are
separated, are they really going to enjoy themselves?  Probably not.

Now, I can understand if 10 people show up together, they are not all
going to get next to each other.  However, if 2 people go to a game
together, they should be able to sit together.  It is a simple request
I think.

Perhaps there is someone from the ticket office on this list who can
answer this question:
If Shawnee and her friend would have gone back to where tickets where
being distributed and shown that they were not together, would they
have exchanged them for tickets together?

I hope so.

---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]

"Any idiot can face a crisis -- it's this day-to-day living that wears
you out."
                                        - Anton Chekhov