ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mathy Matturro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:09:51 -0500
well i will admit that there were many sth that were just as much into
the game as i was....and ok not all of the sth are old...but my whole
point is that there is nothing and i mean nothing in this world that i
know more about then hockey and what i even enjoy more is going to a
game....i have been following umaine ever since i can remember..which
is not the easiest task being form new york...my dream when i was
younger was to be able to walk into the alfond...which i only knew
about through the paper and a little bit of tv..wearing blue and white
proudly and sit with my fellow students and friends...and cheer like no
other before me...i admitt that i would never ever be able to afford
the amazing seats that the sth buy...and the only chance i get to get a
good seat is by luck of the draw...i love the balcony and would even
enjoy most of the sth that i get put next to..it is just that small
percentage that put a downer on the whole scene....maine hockey is
always a great game no matter where you sit but it is even better when
you are surrounded by those that feel the same as you do about the
game...and another thing that i want to mention...is the maine 5..now i
beleive that without any doubt that these kids express school sprit to
the tee..but there are others that sit in those stands and could tell
you everything that you ever wanted to know about the team and the
sport....i think that it is awesome that they have the balls to do that
and if i could with out being carted out of the alfond for indecent
exposer..you can bet your ass that i would do it in a heart beat....so
what i guess i am saying is that you dont have to paint your face blue
and white or even buy a Tshirt to have school spirit...sometimes it is
just built it...heck i am already on my way to anaheim if we make
it..there is no doubt about that...i just think that it would be a
better scene if the sth that actually had faith in the students to
move....i completely understand the years that they have been sitting
there and what it feels like for them to go to a game but i think that
everyone should experiance a game from the best seat in the house
sometime...ya know what i mean???? well reply if you wish

just my 2 cents
mathy